Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Skipping ahead...

So I was driving to work this morning going about my normal rountine...

You know, music turned up too loud, driving way too fast because I was running late and trying to fight the urge to stop at McDonald's because my tummy was talking to me, all while keeping a very Christian attitude about the slow volvo that was driving slow in the fast lane!

...anyway as I was driving I heard something out of the ordinary come on the radio. It was so bizarre that I starred down at my Mitsubishi issued radio and thought to myself "did I just wake up in December." The station 94.1 was playing Christmas music!? WHAT?! And not just any Christmas music, NSYNC Christmas music! I was SO confused.

After the song ended, Mikey, from the radio show, said the statement "only 99 more shopping days till Christmas." >this is where I began to get a little irritated<

It's September and we haven't even celebrated Halloween, Thanksgiving, My half Birthday and we're already moving on the Christmas. Something about that doesn't seem quite right.

Now don't get me wrong I LOVE Christmas. I love time with my family, decorating the house, the smell of Spruce and Christmas cookies, wrapping gifts, seeing my home church all done up in green and red and of course hearing one of the greatest stories ever told about my Lord and Savior. I love all those things plus many more but, I also love Halloween. I love seeing little kids all dressed up and eating candy corn till my tummy hurts. I love Thanksgiving. Getting together with family and friends, sitting around the table indulging in some turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce...basically I love food, ha...but I do love both of those holidays. I love my half birthday too but we can talk about that later :)

Basically what I'm trying to get to here is give Halloween and Thanksgiving a chance. A chance to be the holidays I know they can be. Give them the opportunity to have a month dedicated to them, to their history and to the joy they bring...and the yummy treats they bring as well. We can celebrate the birth of Jesus all year long and think about it in all months but, in order to fully appreciate the holidays in October and in November, let's save the Christmas music for December!!! Kapish?

1 awesome remarks:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Mikey is wrong. There are only 40 days of shopping for Christmas. Trying to shop for Christmas more than 40 days before isn't called "Christmas shopping," it's called "buying junk for no reason in the fall."

You should call and complain.

And demand Mannheim Steamroller. If they're gonna do it, they should do it right!