Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Joy in Loneliness

Where do you find joy in loneliness? Paul sitting in a lonely prison shows us how he did and in turn how we can.

Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers[a] and deacons: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. ~ Philippians 1:1-11

Where do you find Joy in Loneiness?

1. Look to grace:

Grace is the best word to express what we feel about God.We sin, spirit convicts, we repent and he gives us unmerritted love, giving us grace in every way. our love knit to grace, received humbly and then to share it gladly. God gives grace to those who receive Christ as their Lord and Saviour, and He gives us another chance.


2. Grace leads to peace:

We are not by nature at peace. we are objects of God’s wrath… When our sin is taken away there is no condemnation. Grace enables us to have peace. peace changes everything in our relationships. If you don’t have peace in your relationships you need to work on the grace thing in your own life. Because of Christ we can forgive eachother, reconcile and move on.


3. Grace & peace leads to memories:

When not centered in Christ you’ll have bad bitter memories. But if it is a gospel based partnership there is frienndship, there is peace, love, new memories, reconciliation, healing… I’ve seen God do amazing reedeeming things and those memories constantly remind me of the peace and grace I find in Christ.

1 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

love the new layout! it's beautiful!!