Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Free treats

FREE DONUTS!

Let me say that again...FREE donuts! Assorted and original glaze delivered to my desk in that little white and green box. You see I have a passionate relationship with Krispy Kreme Donuts. I know they are terrible for me and I only eat them occasionally when the opportunity arises. Problem is, at NAMB we get free Krispy Kreme donuts at least once a week so the opportunity arises quite often.

There is this sweet vendor man that brings us goodies to win our affection and business...well, actually it has a lot to do with his genuine, giving spirit but bribing us makes it all sound more professional, haha. Anywho, this sweet fellow has already won my affection especially since there is always a lemon filled piece of Heaven in every box he brings...just for me!

Yes, that is something that you guys may not know about me. I love, loathe lemon filled donuts. They make me weak in the knees and I indulge in every single bite...and yes I lick my fingers when I'm done just so no glaze is wasted. It all started a few years ago when the lady at the drive thru window at KK (Krispy Kreme in case you missed that)gave me the wrong donut. I was severely upset that I haven't received my regular Chocolate, cream filled donut in the little paper to-go bag. I didn't have enough time to venture back to KK due to class schedule so, disappointed with what had occured, I tried the lonely dessert that I had been sold to me. It was the best mistake ever...and that is where my love affair began:)

Now please know that I regulate my donut intake because I am trying to keep my girlish(stick)figure, but when they are Free and delivered to my desk, they're hard to pass up.

Judy and Jill have a hard time passing them up as well...


...yes we are sinful, haha!

You're wishing you had Free Donut day at your work right now, aren't you??

3 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

totally wish i had that happen at my work...YUM!

Anonymous said...

We get free cookies at our office...but the donuts look so good.

Barbara said...

hahaha that's very American hahaha
hope you enjoy your donuts! =)