Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, September 06, 2008

The hurricane life

So for the past two weeks I've been a bit stressed with work and life...oh and the chaos of my house. It just seems like from the time my eyes open in the morning to the time they close, I have a billion things to due but not enough time to do them. I try to make schedules and lists but somehow in the tornado of the day, my whole plan is blown out the window.

Stress has always been something that I've struggled with. It's not so much the fact that I lead an extremely stressful life, it's the fact that I will analyze every little aspect and worry if it is not completed or carried out correctly. I try very hard to be detailed and to be very reliable when it comes to co-workers, friends and family...but what do you do when you just can't seem to keep up?

Last week, as most of you saw, my bedroom ceiling collapsed causing chaos in my house and craziness in my life. I had to organize places to sleep, impose on my roommates space, drive out of the way most mornings and just rearrange my normal routine. I didn't sleep much...about 4 hours a night just because everything around me was out of wack, and the room was just the beginning...

Over the past two weeks, my room became UN-functional, our A/C decided to break making it miserable to sleep at night, our Internet decided to call it quits making my RYC duties impossible from home, I got bit by a spider on my stomach while sleepin gone night and Mal and I developed sick feelings from the insulation and mold from the ceiling. Not a good few days.

I don't say all this to complain or to make anyone feel sorry for me...I say this because I wanted to know what you guys do when your life seems to spin out of control? How do you get everything done, please everyone around you, keep up with the detailed routine and still smile like you've had a good nights sleep?

What is your remedy to the unexpected hurricane of life?

1 awesome remarks:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I got bit by a spider too! It was bad. But many funny stories came out of it. I will tell you those soon! I love you more!!