Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, September 19, 2008

How do you chase paper stars?

I've had a few people ask me 'What does the title of your blog mean?' and with all this curiosity I thought it would be nice of me to explain...I can be sweet sometimes, haha! So here we go...

Some of you know that last year on my birthday I got a tattoo on my foot of three unique stars. All are different but each one perfect in my eyes. I got the tattoo to represent a thought I had when I was little. You see as a young girl, my favorite thing to do was to lay under the stars at night. In my little tiny town there were no street lights so stars in the sky were endless. It felt like you could see for miles and miles... miles of just miraculous beauty created by God. I used to think about how God created each star making it perfect but no two the same. All are unique, special and gorgeous just like us. I used to make wishes on those stars.

Star light, Star bright, First star I see tonight...A wish I may, A wish I might, May I have one wish tonight?

I would wish for happiness and opportunities. I would sit still for what seemed like a hour just to catch a glimpse of a shooting star so I could chase it with me eyes and wish with my heart. I used to chase stars all the time. I still do it! There have been countless times that I have laid under the stars. There were Caswell moments on the top of Vespers and under the lighthouse. There were instances on the beaches down Florida and the even on the coast of California. Moments laying on the trampoline and moments just laying the grass. I just love laying under the under the big black sky and seeing the glittery accents shining all over. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face:)

Anywho, about a year ago I started a list...a list of things I wanted to do. Things I want to accomplish in life, things that I hope will happen in life and things that are a great passion in my life. Each dream, wish and hope are unique just like me tattooed stars. Beside the list I doodled some shooting stars. I guess I associate my dreams and hopes with wishing on stars because I've done it for some long. But my list is made of paper and so my dreams and hopes were listed beside paper stars. I am chasing my dreams and running towards a bigger picture everyday and every time I look at the list I think about chasing my paper stars.

So there you have it.... my obsession with one of God's most magnificent creations, so much that I took what I see above and made it visible on paper:)

4 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

beautiful explanation...

Anonymous said...

i agree with miss richards

p-stip said...

i agree with miss richards

Britany said...

I love stars!!! Would you mind if I stole your idea and got a star tattoo?
LOL!