Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, May 01, 2009

The weekend of Jen!

Today began Jen's birthday weekend! Yes I said weekend. I feel that my friends deserve several days to celebrate instead of just one, therefore she gets a whole weekend of fun, love and surprises!

So, Jen's never really had a surprise birthday party and sadly this year, even though I wanted to give her one, the timing wasn't right. So I settled for the next best thing...getting Anthony, her boyfriend here without her knowing!

It was perfect! Anthony called me this morning around 9:30 AM so we could begin planning our attack...and by attack I mean surprise. He was going to leave Daytona Beach by noon so that he would arrive in Atlanta around 6 PM. This left a lot of scheming on my part.

How do I get Jen to stay home with out suspecting?
What do I tell her is my reasoning for not wanting to go out for dinner?
How do I give Anthony directions when Jen is right beside me?
How do I get a nap in? (OK so that didn't really play into the surprise but it was definitely on my mind)

Well never fear, Shannon's event planning mind is here and everything worked out beautifully! Here's how it went down...

Anthony left Florida at 11:30 AM...early which is always a good thing!
I arrived home around 5:30 PM...after picking up my new glasses.
Whatcha think??



OK, back to the story...

I talked Jen into cooking dinner at home so that we wouldn't be in a random location when Anthony arrived.
I got a text at 6:15 PM that said 'I'm on Ashford Dunwoody. Now what?'
Haha, show time people :)
I made up some story about needing to give directions to Sam(a made up friend of Megan who lives in our building). I told Jen I was going to run out to the parking deck to show him where Megan's apartment was and I'd be back in a minute to start on dinner.
What I really did was lead Anthony into the parking deck and then went out to help him find his way to 12102.
We walked back into the apartment and Jen's back was to the door. Anthony snuck up behind her and gave her a hug. Her face was priceless!



We pulled it off! Surprise number one for Jen, YAY!

Happy Birthday girl. There are plenty more surprises waiting for you:)

1 awesome remarks:

Britany said...

I like your new glasses :D I got my tattoo today. You should go check it out. I have a pic on my blog
Love,
Britany