Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, May 08, 2009

Encoragement and Wisdom

Downey Washburn Hinton! Yes like the fabric softener...she gets that all the time!

This woman is one of my favorite people in the world. She has the sweetest spirit and she encourages me even when I'm being ridiculous. She encourages everyone!!!

I met Downey in the summer of 2006. We were interns together at Caswell. It was a very emotional summer for me and if it wasn't for Downey, I wouldn't have made it through. We had countless late night conversations, walks around camp and lunches where she taught what it meant to let go and trust in God. Her encouragement and wisdom helped me to overcome fears and struggles that summer.

We moved in together after camp and she continued to encourage me in everything from listening to God on where He wanted me to learning to play the guitar...and never letting me give up. I remember practicing the guitar and being so frustrated because I just couldn't quite get it. One night I came out of my room after playing and getting aggravated with myself cause I couldn't play the way I wanted to and Downey saying, "You're getting so good at playing." I laughed it off and then she told me that every time I played she prayed that I wouldn't give up. How cool is that?! That definitely encouraged me that she believed in me!

I love this girl for so many reasons and I thank God every day for putting her in my life!

Oh and Downey also has a new addition to her family. Luke Russell!!!

I haven't met him yet but I already love him dearly!

0 awesome remarks: