Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A huge paintbrush

I am home. I am sunburned. I am relaxed. I am excited. But I am sad...because it's over!

I am not sad in a 'dang it, I'm home and I have to get back to reality' kind of way. I am sad in a 'I already miss the wonderful people I got to meet, hang out with and invest in this week' kind of way.

I would describe the cruise as 'church camp on crack' for adults, kids and musicians. It was awesome to walk around the boat and watch the kids excited and the adults intrigued. I have never seen so many adults sitting around a pool watching Pillar in my life. That was a sight standing at the back of stage area...salt and pepper hair everywhere jamming out to some rock N rock/hard core Christian music!

All of the concerts were amazing and I could probably write a paragraph or two about each one, but what I want each of you to grasp about the experience that took place is the love that these musicians showed to their fans this week. When you go to a concert, you maybe see the artist off stage for a few minutes and then they're gone, back on the bus and off to their next destination. What I saw this week were artists truly enjoying being around their fans 24-7! Seeing things like David Crowder eating lunch with a family of four. Watching the guys from Pillar investing time in the cruise staff by praying for them in the halls, encouraging their waiter in the dining room or laughing by the pool with several kids. Observing Mark and Will from Audio A splashing around in the pool with kids proving that they are just big kids themselves. And these were just a few moments and every single sight was inspiring!

I could go on and on about the things I saw, describing every little detail as clearly as possible but it would never be enough to paint the picture of the past 5 days! God was on that boat and He was working some magic through all those artists and performers. His hand was holding a huge paintbrush and each day He would begin painting, starting with an incredible sunrise followed by a beautiful blue sky, an ocean of turquoise water and a boat full lives being changed!

Incredible!!

I will be posting pictures tomorrow so that you can see just how beautiful God's painting was:)

Glad to home!

1 awesome remarks:

Britany said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It sounds amazing. I would definately miss it too!