Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, May 25, 2009

They call it intense!

How did you spend your Memorial Day?

For me, it was spent with some great friends doing two of my favorite things...softball and grilling out, in that order!

Think about gathering 25 of your favorite people and letting them loose in a park on a beautiful overcast day. What's the outcome? Well in my scenario it's kicking up dirt on your way to first base or jumping high to catch that pop fly to end the 4th inning. That's how today went.

I took no pictures because I was very much into the game, as any competitive girl would be, but if I had taken pictures, the memories I would have captured would have been...

* James David dancing with the fence as he attempted to catch an infield pop fly.
* Walker's face when he realized that I had payed softball before and batting came very natural to me.
* Katie catching a line drive to the face on the pitcher's mound to send the batter to bench.
* Dancing to NSYNC in the dugout even though we were down by 6. Who needs runs when you have five signing pop cuties.
* Ben Padgett running fastest than any person on that field, breezing to home plate like it was nothing.
* Kaitlin catching a fly ball with her eyes closed and then celebrating before realizing the batters were still running bases.

There were plenty more and I might even draw a picture so I will always have these memories documented.

The game was followed by a cookout under the carport since the cloud broke lose and produced a downpour. It was great to just sit around and socialize about life, about the amazing burgers Nathan and Coker cooked, about future plans and about our intense softball game! What a great way to spend Memorial Day...celebrating freedom to play ball and freedom to eat! Yummy:)

0 awesome remarks: