Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, August 03, 2008

A story of Grace...

There have been countless sermons that have spoken directly to my soul since I began my walk with the Lord. I have heard great speakers talk about great things in great churches all over the United States. I’ve heard many stories of how people’s lives were changed but none quite like the one I heard today!

It was the story of a 22 year old girl named Ashley narrated by Louie Giglio. I would love to be able to tell you the story from memory but even if I typed out the entire thing it would never be as powerful as the way Louie presented it tonight. It was a story of grace and a story that brought tears streaming down my face. I'd love to go in to more detail but I feel like you should hear it for yourself...

So if you’re at work grab your earphones, if you’re at home turn up the volume on your computer speakers and if you tear up easily grab a box of tissues…I promise you’ll need ‘em…

Louie Giglio - Home Free, Even Me @ Northpoint Community Church (click message titled Fruitcake and Ice Cream)

How powerful is God!?

With one person praying consistently and loving the way Christ did and one God more powerful than anything, it took 14 days for one heart to be transformed from not believing at all to getting it! God loves all no matter what we have done, said, expressed or lived. He takes us as is, all our fears and failures…He gives us grace. Our God is Mighty to Save!!

Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

My Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus

1 awesome remarks:

Angi said...

Very powerful, thanks for the link!