Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, August 09, 2008

classy to trashy!

I have realized that my life is so much fun, ha! I always seem to end up on these adventures and every night is an experience. Last night was one of those awesome adventures that took me all around the city of Atlanta, literally!

I got off work yesterday and I was little worn out. Honestly, I could have grab a blanket at 5:30 PM, put in "51 Dates" and fallen asleep to the sound of Adam Sandler trying to be Hawaiian, but I didn't. You see, I had agreed earlier in the week to go see my friend Noah's band play at a little place in 5 points and I try to never break promises, so at 7:30 PM the adventure began. I met some friends(Mal, Jen, Nathan, Wade) for dinner at one of my favorite places in town, Eclipse De Luna! Dinner was great, conversation was great, tapas were AMAZING and the best part, besides the black bean hummus, was even though the wait was an hour and half, somehow I managed to walk in, request a table, work some magic and get seated immediately...haha, Big Time,ha(not quite). But what a great way to start off an unforgettable evening.

After dinner we ventured off toward downtown but we still had about an hour to kill before heading to the show so Nathan and Wade decided to take us somewhere I've never been...the top of the Westin. I know I'm about to sound real touristy but bear with me...You can see the WHOLE city from up there. It was absolutely gorgeous! I could see Turner Field, The Georgia Dome and The Bank of America building which is my favorite building to see at night. I was like a little kid seeing the gates of Disney World for the first time. While there, I learned a little history, had a few laughs and felt very ritzy sitting 72 stories above downtown ATL!

Funny things I must document for my memory sake(you may not get theses but just ask and I'll tell you what they all refer to)...

The use of the word intimate...parking decks...fruit punch...pineapple's effects on skin...electric fireplace...Lucky street...a little trashy...bullet proof vests on carriage rides...streets you should never go on...graffiti tunnels...revolving rooms!

OK now back to the night...

After our roof top experience at the Westin, feeling like royalty we headed over to 5 points where we definitely went from classy to trashy in about 5 minutes. You see, the place Noah was playing reminded me of some of the venues I had been to in college. Dirty, loud, sticky floors but completely awesome. The bands playing were the classic grungy fellows with bed head and wrinkled clothes. The audience was a mixture of slightly drunk college kids and somewhat preppy adults. A true memory worth documenting:) We rocked out the sounds of Rantings of Eva and I must say it was great to see Noah in his element, playing bass without a care in the world and looking like a rock star!

We had a blast touring the city, feeling glamorous, listening to some rock n roll in a trashy heaven and just experiencing all of what the city of Atlanta has to offer!

0 awesome remarks: