Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, August 02, 2008

A lake day

I woke up this morning a little earlier than usual for a Saturday. If I had my choice, I would have slept till 2PM to make up for the lack of sleep lately but that wasn't the case today...As I stretched and yawned while getting out of bed, the thought that it would be an eventful day never crossed my mind... I was wrong!

It all began with a field trip to Holly Springs with Jen followed by lunch with April and Aaryn in Woodstock. It was so great to sit and hear all about April's Brazil adventures, Aaryn's time in South Africa and the Philippines and just catching up on all the ministry opportunities we've all been a part of lately. I shared a little about Parties with a Purpose and hopefully within the next month or so April and I can put together a party here in Atlanta!

After lunch, I received a call that made the day perfect. My friend Nathan called with an invite to the Lake. Now in North Carolina we don't have lakes, we have rivers and we take full advantage of being on the river with boats and jet skis and all sorts of water activities! But what I quickly discovered is that in Georgia, being on the lake is the same thing. Nathan, Noah and friends picked Jen and I up on the boat. We went cruising around for a bit ending up in this little spot that can only be described as a Redneck Yacht Club. Let me see if I can describe this so you can fully grasp what I'm saying.... picture about 30 boats (pontoon boats, speed boats, normal sized boats, etc) all anchored in a hidden little nook on the lake. People in rafts, tubes, life vests, etc. floating beside the boats with music blaring and the ones of age kicking back with all sorts of alcoholic beverages. It was quite amusing and I'm kicking myself for not snapping a shot.

We anchored as well near the shore and went for a swim. Noah created this very interesting floatation device he calls a life diaper... basically what you do is put your legs inside the arm holes of a life vest and it fits on you like a diaper so you can float around. It was Classic!

We took out the jet skis which was awesome. Although, I lost my earring because someone decided to fling me off the jet ski like a flailing monkey falling from a tree! Thanks friend.

There were conversations about decks and other crazy unmentionable topics. We laughed so much and just relaxed under the sunshine. Nathan describe it as being in his happy place! I did manage to get a picture of that...
Photobucket
Oh did I mention we almost got caught in a tornado on the river? But I mean, Jen and I always seem to attract natural disasters so it was no big deal, haha!

We ended the day with a late night movie with some friends! One of the best worst movies I've ever seen...A TV movie called Category 7. You must see it!

Such a good day! I wish everyday was a lake day:)

0 awesome remarks: