Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A moon roof

Just when you think everything is in order and all is dandy, your ceiling falls in, literally!

You're thinking, "Shannon what are you talking about?"

Well, last night I noticed a leak in the ceiling near my bedroom window. The wall seemed to be saturated and the paint was starting to bubble from the water draining behind it. I put down some towels and moved all the things away from the window in case the leak grew to a stream or gush, you know!

This morning everything looked the same, no real change in the shape or size of the leak so I ventured off to work. I sent a friendly email to the landlords to let them know about the situation at hand...figured they'd want to get a jump on fixing it!

Well let's just say we didn't jump fast enough!

I just got an informative email from them saying "the water saturated the drywall on the ceiling causing it to fall in." Oh NO, not good! Not good at all...

Apparently due to the torrential down pour this morning, my ceiling caved in. The drywall gave and left a rather nice opening for me to look through when I arrive home tonight.

I mean, I've always wanted a moon roof but this is ridiculous! So much for cleaning my room yesterday, ha!

11:30 PM - night of the tragedy...So I don't usually add on to blogs but I wanted all of you to see what I was talking about...

Now would that be considered a moon roof or a sun roof?

3 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

no bueno for spontaneous moon roofs!!

Jen said...

Ohm, I think that would be considered a moonroof just cuz I think its sounds better. I've been thinking about installing one in my apartment. So you said all I need is a lot of rain and shotty drywall work? Cool.

Britany said...

i think it is considered both! But, it could be a moon roof... the roof did fall so you could see the moon! ;)