Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Simply Comforts

I saw a sign today that had the words "Simply Comfort" on it and it got me to thinking about what are the simply comforts in my life. This is one thing I don't often think about because I seem to be constantly concerned with the simply disappointments in my life. Well, today I'm going to take a little journey through the simply joys that remind me of great times, places and people!

I watched an episode of Dawson's Creek the other night(actually the whole third season) and they were sitting by the fire discussing memories that were triggered by a particular smell. Smells that brought back great thoughts and reminded then of the best times. These are simply comforts and here are just a few of the thousands in my life...

The smell of gas - Now I know this sounds strange but that smell reminds me of cold winter mornings on the way to middle school with my Mom and brother.

The smell of sausage
- Reminds me of Christmas mornings where Daddy would make sausage and cheese balls while Brock and I watched the parade on Channel 10.

The smell of Kreme Kleanser
- None of you have a clue what that is but if you worked a summer at Caswell this smell would remind you of Saturday mornings, making beds and sweeping porches.

The smell of Aberocrombie cologne - This smell reminds me of love.

The smell of fresh cut grass - Reminds me of Summer days and riding the lawn mower with my Daddy when I was like 5.

The smell of rain - Reminds me of running to class when it was pouring in college(countless times). Also, it reminds me of Summer thunderstorms and sitting under the lighthouse

You know, I could go on and on. These are simply comforts in my life...What are some in yours?

2 awesome remarks:

Unknown said...

Favorite simply comforts,

1. Waking up in a house with all your friends sleeping anywhere theres room, having the worst hangover and discussing the rediculousness of the previous night.

2. Meeting friends directly after work (still in work clothes), and drinking at a restaurant and discussing your day (good or Bad).

3. Spending 10 hours out of the day preparing for a cook out at your house with friends, knowing that all the food and people will be gone in 2 hours. but knowing after all that cleanup it was so worth it.

4. The infamous "ROAD TRIP" spending way to much time with a person in way to small of a space. wanting to have nothing to do with that person/'s for at least one week after the trip. but being able two weeks later to laugh about all the funny stories.

5. Spending a night with your lover, sitting on the couch and watching movies all night then going to bed early for a little romance.

6. Sleeping in with the one person you know will be there no matter what. (still waiting for this one, but I'm sure it will be great).

Anonymous said...

what was last night?