Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Eve 2007

New Year's Eve has always been labeled as the night you spend with that special someone ringing in the new year. There's something about being able to kiss or hug or just be with that one person you really care for! Well, that's all fun and romantic but what about for people who don't have that special someone in their life? How do we ring in the new year?

Last night I watched the ball fall from the comfort of my own bed. There was no one but me! When the clocked striked 12, there was no one there say Happy New Year or to kiss on the forehead or any of that great, magical stuff that comes with New year's Eve! Now, without sounded too bitter I must say I have had some great New Year's Eves in my life so I really have nothing to be bitter about!

I can think back to several New Year's Eves that were special... Here is my top 5 recaps to awesome year ends.

5. 1999-The New Year's Eve party in Jackson with Trina, Gray, Brad, Brian and about a hundred high school friends. We rang in the new year with lots of music, a few bottles of champagne and lots of laughes about the dumb things we did!

4. 2006-Spending New Year's at Amy and Butch's House. Janis, Joe, Me, Amy, Butch and several others made a feast and listened to 80s music until the clocked said 12.

3. 2002-The New Year's Eve bash at the old Attic in Greenville, NC. That was one of the best nights ever. We had fun New Year's crowns and cute martini glasses. There was an awesome band and we all danced till we couldn't dance anymore(basically till the club closed).

2. 2005- Spending my New Year's at the Edge conference. PJ, Aaron, Ryan, Josh, me and tons of Caswell friends gathered to hear some great bands, watch some extordinary magic and listen to the wise words of Craig Tackett. I'll also never forget that walk to the lighthouse!!

1. 2003- I will never forget the New Year's I spent skiing with my family and Brooks. It was by far the best New Year's ever. There are too many words to type out in order to fully express how great it was...just know that between Brooks, snowboarding and my niece, not much will top that New Year's Eve!


I wish that this year's New Year's would have made the list but it wasn't that special. But even though last night wasn't the magical, romantic night of the year, I must say 2007 was a fabulous year and I'm excited about 2008!

Happy New Year's:)

0 awesome remarks: