Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A new grilled cheese

Have you ever had a grilled cheese sandwich made with mayonnaise instead of butter? Yep, me either, well until tonight!

My friend Jonathan came to visit this weekend to help Mallori move in and just to keep us company! Today after some shopping, watching a serious girlie movie and just exploring Buckhead, we headed back to the house for grilled cheeses and chips. I was raised to make my grilled cheese with butter but Jonathan was taught differently. He had a alternate plan.

Here we go:

What you do is spread mayo on one side of two pieces bread.

Place the cheese in the middle of the two pieces of bread.

Drop it into the frying pan and cooked till brown.

Mallori described it as a tangy cheese sandwich. She really liked it. I might have to disagree, yuck! haha

What do you think?

4 awesome remarks:

Anonymous said...

The Snack Shop in Boiling Springs will sometimes make them with mayo, but I agree with you(of course) that's gross!!

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Absolutely! Mayo on Grilled Cheese is GREAT! I grew up with them too. Though I can't help but wonder if it's a carolina thing, because everyone in Alabama and TN have given me pretty strange looks when I've voiced my opinion.

Barbara said...

hahahaha mmm..... i have to taste that... i don't have the answer yet.
But sounds fine for me... haha

kelli beth said...

mayo?!? ewwww!!!! if you could see me, you would see me making the throw up face....ugh....