Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Blank Start

I had lunch today with a very good friend of mine. We talked and basically just caught up on all the things that have been going on in each other's lives. I shared with him a few of my struggles and through our conversation I began to think about something I never thought about before.

People often say that when you move somewhere or start a new career that you are beginning a new chapter in your book of life. I thought about this statement because our book of life is often referred to as something we are continually reading, somewhat. You know, you turn the page to begin a new chapter. Well, the new chapter in my life has been a hard one so far and it's not like I'm reading it...it's like I'm writing it. It's like I open the book of my life and when I turn the page to this new chapter, the page is blank.

As I was sharing this thought with my friend, he said that he would love for the page to be blank because it's like a new beginning and you get to start it off however you want. Now, trying to write a chapter in a book is hard especially if it's the book of your life. So I have decided to take that blank page, the page that for the past three weeks I have been desperately trying to write the first word on...I'm going take that page and begin the chapter! I'm going to put down the worries, fears and struggles and look for the opportunities, the blessings and the joy.

So here we go. Now keep in mind you will only get to see these first few sentences but just know that in a few months, down the road, I expect each of you to to ask me how my chapter is going!

"Today is the first day of my new journey. It was a beautiful chilly day and God opened my eyes to a wonderful new beginning. The opportunities to serve are endless and there are so many doors to open and see the wonderful surprises behind them..."

1 awesome remarks:

Daniel said...

feel the rain on your skin ... no one else can feel it for you ... only you can take it in ... today is where your book beginnnnnns ... the rest is still .... unwritten .... ladaaaa la da ladaaaaaaaa ..... ladaaaaaa la da ladaaaaaaaa