Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, January 18, 2008

First week down

So I have been in Atlanta for a little over a week and I've made it, ha!
I have had some challenges and some amazing times already. Let me tell you the highlights of my first week as a Georgian:)

Move in day:
We had so much fun moving in! I adore my friends Kyle and Jonathan. They worked so hard and made such a scary move into a joyous new adventure. I know that I already wrote a blog about them but I can't thank them enough for their help and their friendship.

Clay Days: I have had the opportunity to hang out with my friend Clay twice in one week. That's not normal, haha! He is such an amazing person and he knows exactly what to say in order to make my fears and my disappointments seem like a distance memory.

Buckhead Church: I have heard about the infamous NorthPoint ministry and last Sunday I got to finally sit and listen to Andy Stanley give an amazing sermon. Buckhead is definitely a lot different from my church in Franklin but with a few more visits i can see myself getting acquainted and taking on new tasks and involvement.

46' High Definition TV: I went to visit my friend Mac on Saturday and watch the Patriots game on this absolutely huge TV that James David purchased. I felt like I was sitting on the sidelines, haha! It was fun to sit and catch up with those two, and of course watch a great game and even a good movie which followed!

A night out: I finally got to hang out with my friend Ben last night. He is so much fun and we have a lot in common which makes conversation great. We went to see "The Bucket List" after dinner and now I think he has me talked in to skydiving, ha! We'll see.

I have a few more fun times and I hope that these fun moments continue. My prayer is that God will open doors in my new city for friends, community and job opportunities!

Please help me pray! Thanks and I love you all...

More to come:)

2 awesome remarks:

AbbyLane said...

except for the fact that you're not here...

that all sounds amazing :) glad everything is going well...praying for you!!

AbbyLane said...

woah my computer just wigged out and posted 3 comments of the same thing...sorry bout that :)