Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wired and Fried

I just totally giggled out loud, in my house, by myself thinking how awesome last night's group adventure was! I'm sure that some of you have read my blogs about Monday's Menu and some may have even visited the Monday's Menu site(which is no longer existent)! If you have, then you know that I have a great group of ladies in my life and we love to travel into the city looking for fun.

Well Monday's Menu has turned into Monthly Menu and it's no really about finding good restaurants anymore. It's about finding an adventure to take where we can put work behind us and enjoy the laughter, the atmosphere and the best part, the company!

Last night the five of us, Allie, Katie, Megan, Jen and myself...with Mal in spirit... ventured down to Virginia Highlands with one mission in mind...POTTERY! Painting pottery that is. We went to this little place called Wired and Fired which is absolutely adorable inside and out. They have shelves of clay pottery to choose from. They have bowls and plates, mugs and goblets, ornaments and cookie jars, etc! It's a little overwhelming but in a good way.

After you pick your pottery, you pick your paint colors then your stencils and then your overall design...Whew it's a lot to take in and explain, haha! Let me show you our night with a little help from my classic photo skills:)

These pictures will tell you all about Allie and Katie...Stencil masters, Megan...color perfectionist, and Jen & I...painting extraordinaires!




Oh and did I mention there was awesome pizza?

Jen's gonna kill me for that, ha:)

0 awesome remarks: