Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Mr & Mrs Ryan Salley

Oh my goodness I have come to the realization that weddings are a big part of my life! I'm not quite sure how it all happened but apparently I am totally that girl in 27 dresses. I tried to count up how many weddings I have actually been in over the past few years and I lost count, twice. So I quite trying, haha!

Anyway, this past wedding I watched as my best friend Ryan gazed at his beautiful bride, Jeni, as she walked down the aisle. He had tears in his eyes as Jeni walked down to the song 'How Beautiful.' You see, for as long as I've known Ryan, he has always talked about his wedding day and he always hoped that his bride would walk down to the verse that says " How Beautiful the radiate bride, who waits for her groom with his light in her eyes." Jeni, with a little help from Abby, Phillip and me, made it happen and it was perfect. They looked so happy and I had to regain my composure several times after making eye contact with Ryan and his tear filled, happy eyes. I kept getting emotional as I watched these two wonderful people so happy and so in love.

I was honored when Ryan and Jeni asked me to sing on their big day and with Phillip and Abby with me, with created some beautiful melodies for the joyous occasion. We sang a few praise and worship songs at the beginning of the service, totally unplanned but pulled off well(all while the ring was being retrieved). We followed with 'How Beautiful' and a song by Dave Barnes called 'I Have and Always Will'...definitely my new favorite song to sing in weddings(but cannot be pulled off without Peej playing the guitar).

Everything was gorgeous...the church, the flowers, the dresses and of course the bride! It's how I've always pictured Ryan's big day:)

Here are a few more shots of Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Salley! Love you both!!


0 awesome remarks: