Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Burning plastic

So I'm sure by now all you know that I LOVE Pappasito's fajitas(it's all Brock and Auny's fault). There's just something about that butter sauce and the way they cook their chicken that makes my mouth water, haha!

Lately Jen and I have been going once a week to get our fix and it's been such a fabulous tradition. Last night we decided to take Jen's mom and her brother, Jeff to Pappasito's so that they could experience Atlanta's best...well in my opinion. Dinner was amazing as usually but it's what happened after dinner that made the experience.

Dinner was over, the fajitas were devoured and we were waiting for the waitress to hand our cards back from running payment. She asked which one of us was Shannon and after I told her me, she got real serious. You see, what happened was this...


Yep that's my debit card which the waitress dropped on a sizzling skillet and it caught fire. Hilarious!!! She was so concerned and I don't blame her. I mean I won't be able to use my card for 10 days while I wait for a new one but, I think that is blessing from God, haha. Me, not being able to spend money is definitely a good thing!

Now I know that my debit catching on fire at dinner isn't exactly everyone's ideal experience but my waitress definitely made up for burning my card. My meal was free and the manager gave me this...

That's a $25 gift card! Totally worth getting my card burned, haha!!! YAY for free fabulous fajitas next time:)

2 awesome remarks:

shawn elledge said...

what a bummer/blessing! but, I had to comment on your nice photoshop job of blurring your cc#. I'm impressed. =) you knew I would pick up on that!

Britany said...

That is am amazing. As a waitress, I couldn't imagine telling my customers I caught their credit card on fire! LOL!