Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, July 21, 2008

Dispirited Wake Up Call...

You know you're going to have a hard day when you wake up and immediately feel sick to your stomach. Everything that is swirling around in your head causing a headache and you think that being around people isn't exactly the best remedy for what you're feeling. Something occurred which caused your heart to hurt and your mind to become consumed with overwhelming thoughts. Even though you have a smile on your face, you have tears on the inside that you are praying no one can see. Definitely not a good way to start the day and that's exactly how I woke up this morning.

You see, situations often cause my little mind to dream up all these fun fantasies of how things could be or how I think they should be...but when reality sets in and all the glitz and glamour fade away, instead of being left with my dreams come true, all I'm left with is a headache and a heart full of "what ifs!"

What if I had said that different?
What if I had acted differently?
What if I didn't do that?
What if, What if, What if...
Would it have changed anything or would it still be the same as it's always been?

Frustrated, Complicated, Exhausted, Reluctant, Regretful, Deplorable, Dispirited yet still in the back of my mind Hopeful.

Grrrr...I'm tired of days like today!

1 awesome remarks:

Britany said...

I know exactly how you feel! I will pray for you! Driving yourself crazy with "what ifs" is pointless, just try to take your mind off of the problem, what is done is done and no matter how many "what ifs" you can muster up inside your brain, it isn't going to change what happened. I hope you feel better about whatever this is very soon.

Its going to be okay.