Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beauty is taking off the hats!

“The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord.” Psalm 45:11

Have you ever looked in the mirror at crazy hair? Frustrated. Aggravated. Tense. You swear you’re not going to resign to the bad hair day; instead, you put on a hat.

Or, as you looked out the window you glare into gloomy, cold weather and realize you need some kind of protection for your head and decide—it’s a hat day.

In the past, the “hat” was used by women as an indicator of social status. In biblical times, the hat was worn in the synagogues by the Scribes and the Pharisees and other religious personnel in accordance to their laws. Often the word “hat” is used as a metaphor referring to the different roles we have as women, like the “hat” of motherhood or the “hat” of being a wife. In this devotional, I want you to view the hat as a covering used to hide what you do not want others to see.

Many times, we as women feel the need to cover up our imperfections and flaws in order to be accepted by others and succeed in life. God says the exact opposite in His Word! Just listen to His unconditional love, “But the LORD said to Samuel, ‘Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart’” (1 Samuel 16:7). God simply wants us to come to Him, just as we are… broken, sinful, and imperfect. So celebrate ladies, and take those HATS OFF!

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, I praise you and thank you for creating me. Thank you for loving me just the way I am. I am sorry when I feel inferior and flawed because I know that this hurts your heart. Help me to see myself through your loving eyes today and always. Amen.

1 awesome remarks:

p-stip said...

How He Loves Us by Kim Walker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC1ec-lYps
Oh How our God loves Us.