Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Slate-Colored Clouds

The night sky, looking off the pier this particular morning, was a clear dark blue, with a few bright stars. As it began to reddened toward dawn, a thick quilt of slate-colored clouds moved over a partial section of the sky, leaving only a strip of rose gold. But I am sure the sun will rise even though covered with a quilt.

We assume the sun will always rise. It always has. But it rises because God continues to let it, not because it must in and of itself. I breathe, not because I am a breathing machine, but because He who holds my breath in his hand allows me to breathe.

The will of God is not a given quantity. It is a creative, dynamic, flowing action. Jesus participated in that action by submitting to the Will and moving with power along the "appointed way," according to the "appointed time," choosing the Father's will above his own.

The sun does no choosing. God chooses ~ every morning so far ~ to make it rise. Yet the Lord of the universe asks me to choose to follow Him ~ to participate, as Christ did, in the action which is his will.

Remember that God's Will is much bigger then anything that we may have planned. He chooses to do great things with our lives but only on his time! Be patient and wait in God's beauty. Submit to His will and find all that you have been waiting for.

"Dwell in my love. If you heed my commands, you will dwell in my love, as I have heeded my Father's commands and dwell in His love" ~ John 15:10

3 awesome remarks:

Prodigal Jon said...

thanks for the comment on my blog, stuff christians like

so what are spiritual cows? I am completely in the dark

Anonymous said...

amen...God's will is bigger than our doubts!

Anonymous said...

miss you.

you are amazing!