Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Content

It's amazing how in one day you can feel so complete, like your world is finally lining up but, the next feel so empty inside like everything was falling apart. You just wake up with unclear visions and you try to analyze all the decisions and all the outcomes that have lead up to this point. Most of time, when I get in moods where I feel so disconnected, I basically hide. I hide from the world, the situation and sometimes I try to hide from myself... and hiding from yourself is not easy! I mean, for some reason I keep finding myself (OK bad joke, I know).

Now, I promise I am not bipolar and I'm pretty sure that I don't need counseling but I just have those days where I wish that things were different. I'm sure that everyone has these days where they wish they could change actions, opinions, minds, and for a good portion, hearts. Too bad that love is left up to God so changing hearts is one of those uncontrollable tasks that you should probably just let go of accomplishing... just being honest.

So how do you get out of the rut of not being content because that's what it all boils down to. We want to change things because we're not content with the way things are. We always want something more or something specific that maybe weren't not supposed to have. Why is so hard to be content with what God has already given us?

Example: When I was in high school there was one particular guy that basically held my heart in the palm of his hand. He didn't know it, but I would have done anything for him to call me his girl, haha! I'm sure we all have a story like that unless you were the "one" that everyone wanted... anyway you get the jist of my story. I wasn't content being anyone else's girl...it had to be him! And no matter how great my friends were or how great of a guy I was with, nothing compared to him and I wasn't content.

You see, this can be a vicious cycle. God never meant for us settle in life and so that's not what I'm implying but, God does have a specific plan for each of us and we should be grateful for that. We should be very happy with what we're given not ungrateful for for what he doesn't give us. God gives us the very things that we need and unfortunately He may not give us all the things that we want! There is a big difference... I want to make more money, but I make enough to have the things I need. I want to be married but, I haven't found the guy that God thinks I need. I want to be a rock star and travel around the world in a private jet with all the macaroni-N-cheese I can eat but I don't need any of that to make me happy (totally kidding about this one).

But you get me point! Completeness is found in God and on the days where we feel disconnected, it probably means we need to stop and thank the Father for the things He has provided. So we don't need to hide! We need to be content in God and when that takes place, you'll find that you have everything that you've ever wanted plus more!

Hummm...I think I'll take my advice:)

0 awesome remarks: