Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

aLL jUmbLeD Up!

What does it take to create a good song?

I have been pondering the thought for years on how to take my thoughts and create the very song that sounds great in my head. The problem is it never sounds good on paper or coming out of my mouth. I have all these ideas floating around in my head about love and let down and just life in general but, when I go to put them down on paper all I see is a massive jumble of un-rhyme able words.

I've read several articles on what it takes to write good music...all which have left me frustrated and back at square one. Everyone says to think of a song as singable poetry. But then there is melodic sequence and song arrangement, oh and then you have to figure out what key is best to sing in...Needless to say I am not quite up to par on knowing everything I need to know. All I know is that I love music and I want to be able to put down what I hear in my head on paper, but in a way that people won't laugh.

I'd love to sit down with my guitar and come up with pages upon pages of songs...ones that touch the soul and make the heart tingle. The question though is HOW?

So to all you songwriters out there, can you give me some advice on where to start and how to accomplish turning an array of words and thoughts into something I can call a song?

0 awesome remarks: