Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Side Effects

So I am beginning to think that this whole Accutane experience may not be worth it! For those of you who didn't know, I started taken this medicine almost two months ago to help clear up my skin...every girl's dream, right? Everyone told me that it's totally worth it because the results are amazing. What they didn't say is that the side effects are not amazing.

I woke up this morning with my nose bleeding and a wicked headache...two things that don't go together very well. This is the first time in 26 years that I have ever had a nose bleed(well that I can remember). So being the little researcher that I am, I got out the medicine box and read a few of the side effects. There's actually way more than a few. Listen to these...

blurred vision
nausea
seizures
headaches
severe chest, stomach and bowel pain
back pain
joint pain
painful swallowing
depression
psychosis

...and these aren't all of them! What the crap?

The things we do to be pretty, or try to be pretty. I would like to know if anyone else has ever taken this medicine and if so, did you ever have any of these side effects?

1 awesome remarks:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

...just quit picking your nose. If you wouldn't pick your nose all the time, you wouldn't have a nosebleed! duh.

(but seriously, that stuff sounds gross. And everyone I've heard of that's taken has said the same thing.)