Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catching up ain't easy

Have you ever had one of those weeks when all you can think about is getting to the weekend so you can sleep in and catch up? That was me this week. I have been going to bed super late and getting up super early and I knew that if I cold just make it to Sunday I could sleep in and wake up refreshed, ready to start my new week. Well I made it to Sunday so at least I accomplished that goal, but the refreshed part was rudely interrupted around 3:00 AM this morning.

There I was all snuggled up in my bed, probably dreaming about something awesome when this loud screeching noise began filling my apartment. At first I thought it was my cell phone alarm going off until I picked up the phone and nothing was happening. I jumped up, slightly disoriented, realizing that the noise was the fire alarm...not just my single apartment's fire alarm but the entire building's fire alarm.

Jen and I put on our hoodies and jackets(since it is a whooping 15 degrees outside) and headed to the streets. There were several people outside and most of them were not very happy about the situation. The bright red fire truck showed up a few minutes later and they searched the building for flames or smoke or anything that would have set that loud annoying noise off. But guess what...it was a false alarm! So for almost an hour and a half, we battled the cold and basically went deaf. Arghhh, felt like living in the dorms all over again.

Well I guess there's always next weekend in catch up on sleep!

0 awesome remarks: