Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What day is it?

What is today? I thought it was Saturday but I was sadly mistaken.

So I have been MIA for the past five days and there is a good reason! It's because of two very important things...Family & YEC!

I had an amazing time spending Christmas in North Carolina with my family. It was the first time I had stepped foot in my parents house since last Christmas which is ridiculous and I am determined 2009 will go differently. I got to see my 6 year old niece, Summer who is sooo tall. I swear she is going to be a model. She has super long legs and may be taller than me by the time she's 10...not really but maybe, ha!

I got to spend time with my Mom and Dad, having some home cooked meals and some awesome conversations. My brother and I got to do a little childhood cleaning on my old room.

Yes I said old.

I decided to turn my old room into my niece's new room. It makes more sense and she loves the idea. She also loves the idea of playing with all my stuff, haha. We'll work on that.

For the past three days I have been in MACON, GA with some great friends putting on a little thing called Georgia YEC- Youth Evangelism Conference. It has been three days of fun, music, the word of God, hard work, lack of sleep, laughing hysterically, magic, merch, coffee, and hundreds of people giving their lives to Christ.

We had three awesome bands...Leeland, Hawk Nelson and Fee. We had one mind boggling illusionist...Brock Gill(you are my favorite gypsy). We had some unbelievable BMX/Motorcross action...Brad Bennett & the Real Encounter team. And we had one amazing speaker...Landon Dowden.

I was the PPM this year...the Performance Personnel Manager...long title, awesome job, tired legs. My job consisted of taking care of the bands, speakers, illusionist(which is an everyday occurrence) and the athletes. I made sure they were on stage when they needed to be. Made sure they had all supplies needed to put on a great performance. Made sure they had rooms, food, transportation, and for the FEE band, I made sure they had someone to pick on >You are welcome guys<

It was a great three days and they went by way too fast. Not enough time to catch up with everyone. Not enough time to give all the hugs necessary to tide me over till Conclave. Not enough time to completely take it all in. Not enough time to annoy Aaron. Oh well, counting down days till the next event!

Oh and one more...we totally say the singer of ONE DAY NIGHT >insert loud, obnoxious, 13 year old girl scream here<

I even got a picture!

haha...nice pose Jason! You ROCK!

0 awesome remarks: