Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, December 01, 2008

I need Africa! Do you?

So, if you are an avid follower of my blog...which you should be...then you probably remember the post from last week about Africa! (I'm sure the reference at the bottom of every post since then has left a photographic imprint in your mind, ha). Anyway today is the day to find out more about this awesome campaign and I'm so excited that you decided to stop back by! Once you have finished reading this blog please visit www.mochaclub.org to check out more!

Now, on to what you have been waiting for. Here is an article from Barrett who lives in Africa and is the leader of this awesome project! Read why he needs Africa...

I NEED AFRICA MORE THAN AFRICA NEEDS ME

When I think of Africa, the following images immediately come to mind: Starvation. AIDS. Child soldiers. Genocide. Sex slaves. Orphans. From there, my thoughts naturally turn to how I can help, how I can make a difference. “I am needed here,” I think. “They have so little, and I have so much.” It’s true, there are great tragedies playing out in Africa everyday. There is often a level of suffering here that is unimaginable until you have seen it, and even then it is difficult to believe. But what is even harder is reconciling the challenges that many Africans face with the joy I see in the people. It’s a joy that comes from somewhere I cannot fathom, not within the framework that has been my life to this day. [read more]



Has it captured your heart yet?

This is such an amazing and life changing project and my prayer is that you will desire to get involved, yearn to help out and crave to know as much as possible about Africa! Head over to mochaclub.org to find out more, find more blog posts and (if you love tee shirts as much as me) purchase a tee to help with spread the word!

0 awesome remarks: