Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Done flying!

I have decided never to fly again!

Let me explain why so you don't think I am just boycotting airlines for some dumb reason.

Last night, I had a 7:34 PM flight booked from Atlanta, GA to Newport News, VA. Everything was going great...I made it to the airport an hour and a half early without sitting in traffic for hours, got to catch up with my friend Shane and his new puppy Cooper, I had time to grab a little snack of cashews and a coke to tide me over till I landed and I even had time to jump rope a little around the terminal before grabbing my book bag to board! Sounds great huh?

Well at 7:05 PM, it all changed. The Delta lady came over the intercom and said we would begin boarding in just a minute and I was so excited that my flight was on time. Let's just say I was only excited for about a minute because the lady came back on the intercom and said "Due to maintenance issues, your flight has been canceled." No exaggeration, she said those exact words. I mean one minute we were boarding, the next minute I was seriously angry. I'm not even going to lie, there were several non-Christian words floating around in my head.

With a few tears in my eyes, I headed to the service counter in hopes of catching another flight that evening...that was a dumb thought. I arrived at Delta service counter along with about 200 other angry people who were trying to do the same things as me. This is where my long airport experience started.

Three hours and few cuss words later, I canceled my flight all together and made my way down to the baggage area to get my bag back so I could drive to NC...that was a dumb thought too. Let's just say, I am now in North Carolina(after an 8 hour drive) and my bag, well it's still missing...MIA.

Yep, I have no extra clothes, no toothbrush, no make-up and no gifts for my parents. Merry Christmas to everyone!

On the bright side, I am home! I haven't been here in a year and it feels great. The Christmas tree is lite, there is sweet tea in the fridge, fudge on the counter and my family all sitting around watching TV.

Who needs luggage when you got all that, right:) Although brushing my teeth would be awesome, haha!

I'll let you know if I ever see my luggage again! I'm praying I do and would love it if you would pary too.

0 awesome remarks: