Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, December 07, 2008

He was injured, injured bad

So my parents and brother came into town Friday afternoon, hence the reason I was MIA for the past two days...I was having some serious family bonding time. We've had a great time exploring the city, doing a little Christmas shopping, eating at some of the ATL favorites and just hanging out since we barely get to do that anymore.

Now my family is from the country of North Carolina, so the city is a little overwhelming for them, except my dad! He pretty much loves all places...But since we are talking about my Pops, let me tell you a little story about what happened to Daddy on his first day visiting his daughter in the big city.

So, Daddy loves getting up to go get breakfast, especially when we're on vacation. He always gets up super early and sneaks out of the house before my Mom, Brock or I wake up. Actually he is usually done eating and back before we get up...yes we're lazy!

Anyway, yesterday Daddy ventured out and found a Waffle House just a few miles down from our condo. He had some breakfast, enjoyed some coffee and read his paper to catch up on current events. Well, as Daddy walked outside to leave, there was a handicapped ramp painted and a step that kind of blended in to the painted area so it wasn't visible when walking to the parking lot (I am horrible at relaying this story, but I'm going to try to tell it right). As Daddy stepped off the ramp, thinking he was stepping onto flat ground, he twisted his foot off the side of the step that "disappeared" into the painted ramp area. This caused Pops to fall and hit the concrete.

When he hit the ground, he hit his head causing his glasses to cut his nose. Take a look...


The Waffle House people took him to the Emergency Care place across the street, where the doctor glued(yes, glued) the cut back together and placed disappearing strips across his skin for the healing process. He said everyone was super nice and the Waffle House people told him to come get free breakfast every morning this week! How crazy is that? And they were serious...Brock and Daddy went back this morning and they both got a free meal. The Waffle House Staff greeted my Dad by name, haha! I think they might be a little scared of a lawsuit, which Daddy would never do!

Anyway, Daddy told me that his nose doesn't hurt, just itches a little. He is such a trooper, but we're gonna shoot for not getting hurt anymore the rest of the trip, haha:)

3 awesome remarks:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! Tell your dad I'm praying for him! I miss you so much, more than you know!

Let's catch up soon - it's been a heck of a weekend! Love you!

kelli beth said...

poor pop!! and please tell me your title is from that awesome video w/ the little boy!! haha! :)

Shannon said...

Kelli...It's totally from that video!

I love that little kid:)