Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Munchkin Obsession

So lately I've had this weird obsession with 'The Wizard of Oz' munchkins...so much that I used Cha Cha for the first time to find out how many of them were still living! I can't explain why I want to know, I just do!

I watched a documentary two weeks ago about 4 of the remaining munchkins and it was so fascinating to hear about their lives since munchkin stardom. I would catch myself singing 'Follow the Yellow Brick Road' subconsciously while watching these munchkins, who are in their late 80s, dress in their old costumes and dance around.

I wonder what it would have been like to be a munchkin? To sing songs to Judy Garland and play this magical part of this amazing story that still brings joy to people today. Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated with them right now! Or maybe I just really love the term munchkin:)

What do you think? Does anyone else out there think these people are fascinating?

2 awesome remarks:

AUNY said...

Have you seen "Australia" yet? They talk about the "Wizard of Oz." It's a great movie!

p-stip said...

Ummm i would just like to let you know that i totally met a munchkin earlier this year. Down near good old Dublin Georgia. That is right... be jealous.