Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Day 7 - A Picture of Your Childhood Crush

Now let's be honest here... if I posted a picture of my childhood crush, it would just be plain weird. Especially if I posted one of him in the present. Let's just say he's not really my type any more. I guess 3rd grade crushes really don't extend into years passed elementary school, ha!


So, I'll just describe him for you... in the way I saw him in 3rd grade :)

His name was Chad and he was definitely a ladies man early on. He was tall with dark hair... a real smooth talker and he could play 4 square like no one else. He was a pro and I loved to watch him play.

I loved him, the way only a 3rd grader could, but there was this one day that everything changed. You see, apparently Chad was dating/seeing/hanging out/(whatever you call it when your 8 or 9 years old) with two other girls the same time as me. How awesome! ... even at 9, guys can be jerks.

So anyway, we decided (the other two girls and I) that we would play 4 square and the last girl in would get to date Chad... I mean, in 3rd grade, 4 square was how you solved problems, right? Haha. So we began to play. Chad was in the King Square and me and the other two girls scattered into the other spots and got in to position. Chad really had the control and it was obvious that he would get out the girls he didn't want to date. He tossed the ball up and hit it hard towards the opposite square... way too hard for any one to retrieve. So, guess who's square that was and guess who was first out? Yep... ME.

Ugh, I was so mad and somewhat heartbroken. Thinking about it now is bringing it all back. What a jerk! Maybe that's why I don't play 4 Square after InsideOut, hahahahaha ;)

Although looking back and looking at the present, getting out first was a blessing... even if I was only 8 years old!


0 awesome remarks: