Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, July 04, 2011

Day 4 - A Picture of Your Favorite Memory

I'm not sure if I ever posted this picture to my blog around the time it was taken, but this was day one :) This picture is from Labor Day 2009, the day Kevin and I started dating! It still stands as my favorite memory.

7.6.11 Continuation...
I thought I would elaborate a little on this picture! I realized after I posted it, I didn't really give you much of a story. I'm a sucker for sappy stories, so I thought to myself 'maybe someone else out there is too.'

So this picture... ahhh just looking at it brings a smile to my face. You see, my good friend Michelle was quite sneaky that Labor Day weekend. I had told her about my interest in Kevin about two weeks before the holiday weekend came around. Basically, I told her I was intrigued and I would like to hang out with him more. She decided to make that possible.

Kevin and I Facebook chatted leading up to the weekend... just casual conversation. You know, like 'Can I have your number.' Totally kidding, but that is one of my favorite MADTV skits (I linked it in case you're curious). Anyway, back to the story... So we had chatted and we realized both of us were going to be up at the lake for the weekend and we were going to be hanging out. All the while, Michelle and Kevin were talking about the weekend as well... and about how Kevin was intrigued by me too :)

Fast forward to the weekend... We all stayed at Michelle's parent's lake house (guys in rooms and girls in rooms of course). First night, we all went on the boat for a little late night cruise. It was about midnight and there were about 10 of us on the boat just hanging out. A decision was made that is was time to head to the dock (tiredness kicked in for some). So as all 10 people started getting the boat the dock, Michelle leaned over and said 'do you mind riding back to the boat storage with Kevin? I just don't think it's wise for him to drive back all by himself.' Sneaky, Sneaky! Of course she asked it loud enough for Kevin to hear so I couldn't say no. Late night boat ride under the stars??? Sounds romantic to me :)

We talked and laughed and talked and laughed! We turned what should have been a 5 minute boat ride in to like a two hour boat ride. I mean the stars were out and we were engaged in conversation... you know the butterfly type of conversation where you talk for hours and it's like you can never run out of things to say. The conversation was perfect and the kiss as we left the dock was more than perfect :)

And that's how all started! I won't say Michelle is the reason that Kevin and I started dating but her sneakiness did help out a lot :)

0 awesome remarks: