Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 21 - A Picture of something You Wish You could Forget

This blog post would never go over well if I actually posted a picture of something I wish I could forget. I think it would be totally foolish of me to throw out something like that... to air my baggage for all the world to see. Not smart! Some things should just remain in my head... Not on a computer screen! But I will talk about something I wish I could forget... Something web appropriate.

You see, when I was younger, I wasn't exactly the perfect sister. I am 3 years older than my brother and I was that sister that really hated that my younger brother wanted to hang out with me. Kind of like the' too cool for school' mentality. Anyway, I was so mean to my brother. He was heavier when we were kids and I definitely used that to my advantage. When I would get upset, I would call him names and most of those names dealt with his weight. Ugh, I am terrible sister. I know I hurt his feelings and I feel bad about it now. As I look back, I was so hurtful to him when all he wanted was to be around me and be accepted.

Later, when I went off to college, my brother told me that he had always looked up to me and wanted to be just like me (minus the being a girl part). Can you believe that? Me, someone who said such awful things!

Anyway I wish I could forget all of that...but better yet, I wish I had never said those hurtful things! I know you can't change the past but I do know that the past has definitely affected my future. I'm not perfect but I can say that I have become a much better, more encouraging sister.

0 awesome remarks: