Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 17 - A Picture of something that has made a huge Impact on Your Life recently

Well it's not a something... it's a someone!




This adorable young girl is my niece, Summer. She is the huge impact even though she's quite little :)

To give you a little back story, Summer was born when my brother was 16 years old. I was in my first year at ECU when I heard the news. She was a surprise that has turned my world upside down. I've watched her grow up into this little woman... this little person with big dreams and a big love for every one. Despite some circumstances that I will not go in to, this little girl is super tough and has made a huge impact on my life!

She's a sassy little 9 year old now, who for some reason, has her own cell phone and texts me occasional messages like 'I love Aunt Shannon.' Melts my heart! I mean, a cell phone at 9 isn't something I totally agree with but at least she uses it well, ha :)

I tear up when I see pictures of her cause I'm not there to help teach her things like how to throw a softball or how to braid hair. I know that sounds a little motherly but I want to teach her everything! I want her to love life and know that she is beautiful and so very much loved! She's my munchkin!

0 awesome remarks: