Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 14 - A Picture of Someone You could never Imagine Your Life without

WOW... These just keep getting harder and harder!

It's really hard for me to narrow down ONE person that I couldn't imagine my life without. There are so many that would fall into that category... like my Dad, Mom, Brother, Niece, Grandmother... you get the gist. I could never imagine my life without my family. I guess aside from them, and for the purposes of this blog, the person I am going to choose to write about is... ... Kristen Heffelfinger (soon to be Mrs. Kristen Wilson).



I simply adore her! She is one of the most encouraging people I know. Definitely someone to call on a gloomy day.

Kristen and I met in 2006 while I was interning at Caswell. She was friends with my roommate and I was friends with her boyfriend. We became friends instantly after meeting... It was like that love at first sight thing expect more like friends at first conversation (if that even makes sense ha). We talked about everything... specific situations we were going through, boyfriends we had lost and were getting over and just life. What's so great about our friendship is that Kristen, who is about 5 years younger than me, and I have learned over the past few years is that we tend to go through the stuff, just at different times. Our life experiences are so similar, it's a little scary.

I was somewhat of a mentor to Kristen in the beginning of getting to know one another, but lately she has been a mentor to me. She teaches me SO much and she never let's me look at the darker side of things. She always has a bright side for every situation :) She is so wise and she has helped through some tough things. Can we say LOTS of late night conversations!

I don't see Kristen as much as I would like but we have a very strong bond nonetheless... one that we continue to build over Skype and the occasional phone call. She is one of my very best friends and I can honestly say, 'I could never imagine my life without her!'

1 awesome remarks:

Anonymous said...

seriously shannon...tears to my eyes! I love you so much and you are someone I definitely could never imagine my life without. I thank the Lord so many times for our friendship and your wisdom and positive encouragement helps me through so much! :) This made me miss you even more than I already do! Love you! We're due for a skype date!