Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Jesus lives in my tummy!

Kids have such an incredible imagination. You never know what's going on in those little minds but what I have learned by observing the kids I babysit is that kids know a lot more than we give them credit for.

Tonight was a fun night at the Randolph household. So much to play and not enough time to fit it all in...that's how I feel most of the time. We played outside on the homemade climbing rope which Selah showed me is the best tool for spinning in mid air. Who knew?

One of the cutest parts of the night was bath time. Issac and Kenyon showed me how to create a bubble beard. Funny thing is, I totally did the same thing when I was around the age of five. I guess bubble beards are a universal tradition in a young child's life.

My favorite part of night was reading to Kenyon and Issac before bed. Want to know what book they chose? The Bible!

You see about two weeks ago Kenyon got a Children's Bible as a gift. He loves this book and the best part is he can tell you all about it. He knows the story of the Crucifixion. He will do his best to explain why Mary was so taken back to see Jesus outside tomb. And requests the story of The Burning Bush(you have to say that in a deep creepy voice! Makes the story better, haha). My favorite, so far is when he explained to Issac that the tree of life is not like the tree that Adam and Eve ate from the front of the book. This tree was different and you could eat this fruit without dying, haha.

How amazing is that!

Kenyon is five and I am amazed at the knowledge he already has. He knows that Jesus lives in his heart and that he died on a cross to save him from the bad things he does sometimes... that's how he explained it to me right after Issac explained to me that Jesus lived in his tummy, haha:)

These kids are great. Absolutely precious!

Here is Kenyon and his favorite book!

0 awesome remarks: