Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, April 17, 2009

Gentlemen, start your engines...

On your mark. Get Set. RACE! GO GO GO

Those were the words that swirling in my head tonight as the guys pulled out on to the track... well that and GO GO Speed Racer!

Today was Chris Lynch's birthday and he wanted to celebrate getting older by heading to the tracks, the Andretti tracks that is. Ahhh the smell of burning rubber and exhaust fumes mixed with sweat and concrete. The excitement of several guys all implying that their car will be the fastest and that all the other drivers will be eating their dust...well fumes :)

Can't you picture it? If not maybe these will help:




Yep they all had flame retardant suits and helmets just in case things got a little out of hand. These guys made a statement in their suits though, far more than it being a safety requirement! I believe the statement was "I look good in my suit, I will drive fast in my car and everyone will want to wear my race number after tonight!" haha.

It was a fun time and the guys looked like they really enjoyed themselves! I can't say for sure but I think Chris had a fantastic time for his birthday.

Happy Birthday buddy!

0 awesome remarks: