Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sometimes it just takes a smile.

Today was absolutely fantastic!

Why?

Glad you asked...

Because we, meaning all of the NAMB staff, got to take a little field trip...a mission field trip. I felt like I was in middle school all over again. We met at the bus at 8:00 AM, grabbed a buddy and loaded up with a snack in hand and excitement on everyone's faces.

Can you see the excitement?! Good :)

The bus then headed to Clarkston, Ga where we sent the rest of the day at Clarkston International Bible Church. There were so many service projects to participate in... Mommy & Me: Conversational English was my project of choice. And a good choice is was. We started our day by washing doors...more fun than it sounds, especially when you realize you're suppose to dilute the spray and you don't. Oops! Outcome... unable to breath for a bit. I think my lungs are fine now though. What we found out is that the spray should only be applied to one thing without being diluted...a car engine! I really hope the paint stays on the doors:(

Sara and baby Ansley(in the belly) cleaning the windows.

Jill and I about to get serious about this cleaning thing!

After chemical door cleaning time we moved on to my favorite part of the day...conversation! I got the have one-on-one time with 4 ladies, all from Brama which is near Thailand. They were sweet ladies that are in the process of learning English. Our conversation was really limited but was awesome. They told me all about their kids, their love for cooking and how much the loved school and learning. I wish I could say the same...me and school, well let's just say I am glad I'm done :)

We gave the ladies some homemade dolls & bears for their children and their faces lite up! Seeing their smiles made my day perfect. Seeing the kids smiles made my year perfect :)


Isn't she precious?! Yes, Yes, Yes

What a great day! Let's do it again tomorrow!

2 awesome remarks:

kelli beth said...

that is so awesome! clarkston international bible church usually brings a group down to superWOW and they are by far one of my favorite groups!! so glad you got to have a field trip down there!! :)

Adam said...

That was a great day. And this was a great post!