Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, September 21, 2009

Open the Flood Gates

Let it Rain...Let it Rain...Won't you open the flood gates of Heaven!
~ Pocket Full of Rocks

That's what's happening outside my window, down the street, across town and all over metro Atlanta! The flood gates have opened, the rain is pouring down and I'm thinking, it's not gonna stop. I got this same feeling in 1999 when Hurricane Floyd hit North Carolina and the floods just kept taking over. It rained, the rivers rose and the roads washed out, collapsed and caused several accidents and fatalities. Homes were destroyed, business were ruined and people were left with the memory of what used to be their lives. I remember trying to drive to a friends and every road I turned down was completely covered in inches upon inches of water!

Pictures keep coming across my computer screen and I fear for this city as the rain keeps coming down and water keeps rising. Please, please be in prayer for this city, for the people who have already lost and for the people right now who are watching their homes, belongings and possessions wash away.

0 awesome remarks: