Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Ice Cream Memories

I promised this blog to someone so here we go...

The question on my mind right now is how do you establish a favorite ice cream flavor? I mean, there are tons of choices and so little time to eat them all in one day. So there is always a time where you have to choose. This is where my indecisiveness comes in. You see each flavor brings back a memory and when I take that first bite, I am immediately right back in the moment. makes it hard to choose...

Like, should I go with the Cookie Dough which takes me back to Middle School, or the Strawberry that reminds me of my of Summer days by the ocean. What about Mint Chocolate Chip where I can picture my Mom and I sneaking bowls around 11 pm when I was 13 or Oreo... yummmm, homemade by my dad with Oreo cookies crushed by the pecan chopper in Vanilla Bean goodness. Oh wait, there's sorbet which I used to have after high school softball games and then there was Rocky Road which was a 101 Rotary favorite in college. Then we move into more recent years and you'll find Cake Batter ice cream which reminds me of Nashville days and my sweet friend Emily or Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream which reminds of late afternoons with Kim. Oh and how could I forget soft serve ice cream with colored sprinkles...that's every child's favorite :)

Gosh, I could on and on! You see how this becomes tough for me. Great memories tied to great ice cream. So, I guess for me there is no favorite...there is only favorites tied to some of the best memories of my life.

What about you?

3 awesome remarks:

Eric Ryan Jones said...

maybe then the challenge is to find NEW ice cream and create NEW memories with NEW awesome people :-)

Kenny Lohmann said...

This reminds me of some great past time ice cream memories. But for some reason this popped in my head from a 90's movie.. "'Ode to Ice Cream' by Vada Sultenfuss. I like ice cream a whole lot/It tastes good on days that are hot/On a cone or in a dish/This will be my only wish/Vanilla, chocolate, rocky road/Even with pie, a la mode. :-)yummmmy!!

Shannon said...

That's from 'My Girl!' Great movie :)