Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Only 10 minutes and slightly caddy cornered

I came in tonight after an awesome time hanging out in Vinings with my good friend Michelle! Walking in my apartment, I turned and locked my door(both locks), gave my puppy kiss and pat on the head and proceeded to the living room where I sat down in the green chair that sits just to the left, slightly caddy cornered, exactly where Walker and Jen positioned it several months ago. The TV was on, like it always is and as I sat...by myself... I began to think back. Several memories ran through my head and even though I only sat in that chair for less than 10 minutes, I was reminded of years...great years!

I do this a lot! I sit and I think...about old times, how things used to be and what things are like now. I smile a lot when I think back because my memories are filled with the people I love and places I long to be. I start to remember smells and sweets tastes along with hearing crickets and some of greatest laughter, you know...people just enjoying life. Moments where the sand was beneath my feet or the dark star-filled sky was over my head. Remembering the feeling of my dad tucking me in at night or my Mom hugging me with encouragement. The joy I felt the day I first held Summer or amazement I felt when I first stepped foot on Caswell.

It's amazing what 10 minutes can reveal. I can only imagine what I would think about if I had several hours to sit in that green chair, slightly caddy cornered but perfect in my eyes!:)

0 awesome remarks: