Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, June 14, 2009

SuperWOW 09: day 1

I rode across that bridge yesterday! The one that lead me to the place where dreams are made of and lives are changed. A place where you can make a difference just by being yourself and wearing floaty things in the parking lot while chasing youth with water guns. You're now wondering what the heck I am talking about and the answer is...

Jekyll Island!

...yep, I'm at SuperWOW!

I've been waiting a full year to get back here. What can I say, I missed the brown murky water, haha. But in all seriousness, I missed the people, the fellowship, the reason and just the experience.

Today was a great start to what is going to be a great week. We set up the convention center...decked it out with all sorts of lights, cameras, sound equipment, merchandise tables and fun ideas! I will have pictures up tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about.

Funny moments from the day:

* SuperWOW Snuggies, you can worship without getting chilly or losing the warmth of your blanket.
* Putting the basketball goals together backwards.
* Whole staff dancing and singing 'Don't Stop Believin'

There will be more! I love working camp:)

More to come tomorrow!!

1 awesome remarks:

Britany said...

Sadness! I'm missing SuperWOW this year :( I am leaving tomorrow for Atlanta Fest though, maybe I will have tons of fun. It just won't be the same as SuperWOW though. You are the coolest camp counselor ever Shannon!! Me and a few of my friends might come up there one day. If we do I'll come find you :)
Love, Britany