Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oc-ta-what?!

I'm staring at the screen wondering if I'm even awake! Squinting a bit to see the words on the screen..yep, there they are...I am awake, but I sure don't feel like it.

I have decided that me and 8 AM jobs don't mix very well. Well, actually it's not the job, it's my lack of discipline. I mean seriously why do I need to stay up soooo late when I know that I have to sit at a desk all day the next day writing emails and making phone calls...that just screams 'Shannon you're going to fall asleep at your desk!'

I honestly don't have a conclusion to this problem except go to bed earlier or switch careers and neither of those are in my vocabulary at the moment, haha.

So why the rock star late nights? I'm glad you asked... It's because of a little thing called socialization and it's one of my favorite things!

Last night was so much fun. It's was Austin and James' birthday and what better way to celebrate than to hit up Nori Nori for an adventure in sushi land. (side note: I'm not a big sushi fan but last night it was all about trying as much as possible) There were some creepy crawly things on that bar last night. Let me see what I can remember...snails, roe, raw tuna, raw salmon, pretty much any raw seafood, eggplant, mussles, mushrooms in a shell(who does that), something beet reddish purple... wait I have a photo:

You may not be able to see that very well but that sushi roll is totally reddish purple and surprisingly good!

Oh and there was octopus. Yep octopus! And you best believe I tried it. I didn't actually swallow it but I tried it and that's all that matters.

Take a look...

You can't really hear the conversation very well but basically octopus is too chewy for me...blah!

After sushi/creepy crawlers, we headed to Fado which is one of my favorite little pub restaurants! Atmosphere was great, people were great, the view was great...well not exactly but we found the good in the concrete construction area:)

I must say it was birthdays well celebrated! Austin and James, may God bless your years to come and give you many more awesome moments like last night.

0 awesome remarks: