Butterfly Sparks Designs

Monday, June 22, 2009

He, stood up when they sat down

Oh my gosh...it's been almost a week since I've posted and I'm pretty sure I have left you all in a panic and in a constant state of wonder for how the week turned out. Well today is your lucky day because I'm going to fill you in a little bit :)

I'm at my desk in the NAMB office building daydreaming about being back in the 100 degree heat playing basketball with the students, watching them engage in worship and just being surrounded by people hungry for the word of God. It brings tears to eyes to think about all the experiences from last week. I don't have any pictures at the moment so I will try to describe a few things vividly so you can paint your own picture.

I do have a favorite memory from the week, so I will share!

Thursday night I was sitting at the sound board with my headset on, intently listening to the message Ed Newton was bringing while also thinking about all the things I needed to get ready in order for the production to continue running smoothly. Somewhere between writing the phrases that came out of Ed's mouth and thinking about how to transition from Brock to Matt with no down time, Ed entered into an invitation time. At that moment I stopped the wheels spinning in my head because I saw the greatest sight, one that only God could paint.

Standing in the center aisle with a green Vege Tales shirt on...the one with Larry's face staring right at you...there was a young boy, probably 13 or 14 proudly raising his hand. It took me a minute to caught up and realize what was going on. This boy was kind of standing on his tip toes and when I caught a glimpse of his face there were tears running down his cheeks. A counselor, I assume with his group stepped in to aisle and the young boy gentle laid his head on the man's chest. Upon Ed's request, the young boy and counselor headed to back where they then entered a room, a counseling room. Yes, if you haven't picked up on it yet, that young boy wanted to be saved. He wanted Jesus in his heart and he couldn't sit down any longer!

Emotions were raising and tears starting falling from eyes. You see, that young boy accepting Jesus reminded me of how precious and how mighty our God is. That boy painted a picture of what loving and trusting truly meant. He, in front of all his friends, stood up when everyone else was sitting down. He, in front of hundreds of other youth his age declared he wanted a relationship with Jesus Christ no matter what how much snickering was to occur behind his back...cause we all know how middle school kids can be. He, knowing that his life could change and would change walked down that aisle and said the words that make my heart beat a little faster, "I want Jesus Christ to be my Lord and Savior." Goosebumps I tell you...happens every time!

I saw that boy when he came out of the room and he had a perma-grin on his face and not only that, his counselor and several of his friends greeted him with hugs and perma-grins as well. One of the young boys next to him said, "I am proud of you!" What a great moment in that boy's life!!!

There were tons of other great experiences and each one of them was priceless but I'm not gonna write them all out. My blog would be ten pages long and I was college student once so I know how annoying reading that much can be :)

Once I get some pictures I'll post them!

SuperWOW 2009...miss you already.

1 awesome remarks:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

I used to own that same VeggieTales shirt. No lie.