Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, June 05, 2009

Love

If you can imagine the perfect way to show someone Christ, what would it look like?

For some, it would be breaking out a Bible and preaching a sermon to them in hopes that they would receive Christ. For others it might be, holding an event where you can come and enjoy music, food and entertainment while hearing some teaching but not be too forceful with your religion. For a few it might talking about Jesus, all the good deeds that they've done that day or how much they go to church in order to look religious in hopes to start a conversation.

How would I do it? I'm glad you asked...

I would be ME and love on people!

I know... too simple of an answer but that's all I got.

I am definitely not a saint, I don't know everything there is to know about scripture and on most days I feel more like a sinner than someone who is actively following Christ. I worry with the best of them and my thoughts are not always on what God has for me. I complain, I get frustrated, I doubt. Some days I don't pray enough and other days I pray for all the wrong reasons. So then, why would I be ME when trying to share Christ with someone? Well, Because sometimes just being you shows more then any act, any event or any sermon.

I may not be a saint and I may not have all together, but what I do have is an intense desire to love on people. To learn their stories. To hear their heart no matter what it may entail. To let them speak about their fears, what they don't understand and what might be the reason they have never chosen to follow Jesus. Sometimes listening can be far more effective than speaking.

And, it could be anyone! No one should be declined from being loved on. I feel that every person deserves to be loved no matter their addictions, their preferences, their personalities, or their situations. No one should be over looked when it comes to us sharing Christ or showing the love of Christ. We are called to love and I haven't found any place in the Bible that excludes certain people from receiving our love!

If you have please show me!

So there you go. There's my method. It's not difficult, or embarrassing and it's not something that takes years to learn. It's just you being you and showing people, all people what Jesus' love really looks like:)

What's your method?

0 awesome remarks: