Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pay it forward

I have this theory...I was going through the toll this past Sunday and I saw this little old lady beside me that was frantically trying to find 50 cent to go through the toll. There were two cars behind her and apparently they were in a huge rush because they were blowing the horn and throwing their hands in the air. Definitely not fun to be that person that is holding up traffic but I have totally been in that situation before and believe it or not some people really don't have change in their car. It's kind of a last minute thought, you know.

So my theory is this, if the person in front of that lady had thrown in 50 cent for her, the line would have kept moving...like a pay it forward kind of thing. What if we all paid for the car behind us? I think it might cause a domino effect. You see, most people have their 50 cent in hand and ready to throw in the basket or hand to the clerk, so when you pay for them maybe they will pay for the car behind them. If it continues on, it will eventually get to that little old lady or person who doesn't have 50 cent thus creating a good deed for the day and showing someone grace and love.

I think it could work! What do you think?

0 awesome remarks: