Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spence's take on LOVE

My friend Spence's blog about love...he's such a good writer!!

This past week I was in Spain and Italy with this guy. I have a few things to say about the week in other posts but for now I want to tell you about some observations on the subject of Love.

Last week while on a run around Barcelona I saw something that made me stop and just watch. It was an elderly couple sitting on a park bench talking. Not just having a conversation, but talking and looking at each other as if no one else mattered… Their body language said, “We are in love and always have been… for the past 50 or 60 years.” I didn’t see this once but I saw it multiple times. I stopped and just watched and wondered what they were talking about. What is it about them that make their love so lasting?

Of course… I don’t know anything about these people I saw. They could be going through hard times for all I know, but for the moment I experienced I saw love in the purest form.

I imagined these couples as friends, best friends, lovers, parents, companions… enjoying life as it happens with the good and the bad.

At the end of the day the couple sits on a park bench… the man with an arm around his bride looking off into the distance gazing at the years behind and loving the moment at hand… as almost if they sat there basking in the thought… we’ve made it and we’re still going.

You see… sometimes I look around and feel like we miss that moment. We get caught up in it all and the moment passes as miss the focus… each other.

I think since going through my divorce I look at love a little differently. Love is not a mythical feeling but a real emotion - a living and growing life.

Love is the one thing couples can have together that is only for them. It’s their special way to be in each other’s lives completely. It’s that bond that won’t be broken if always paid attention too and put at the top of relational priorities.

Love is deep. I look forward to the day where I can be married again, sit with my bride on a park bench, as we grow old together and still be in love.

We’ve all said it at some point… I want to grow old with someone. But do you really believe that? I do. I’ve seen old couples sitting on a park bench sharing the warmth of the day’s sun with each other. There’s a security there…

So love… is it worth it? Yes. Can it be found? I believe it can. Can you grow old with some one? Absolutely. Can you be in love after all these years? Yes… it’s worth the journey.

Love is nev
er lost; it’s just there waiting for the right combination of people to discover it.

0 awesome remarks: